Recipe of Homemade Nan's Onion Jam

Nan's Onion Jam.

Nan's Onion Jam

Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, nan's onion jam. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.

Nan's Onion Jam is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Nan's Onion Jam is something which I have loved my entire life. They're nice and they look fantastic.

To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook nan's onion jam using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.

The ingredients needed to make Nan's Onion Jam:

  1. {Get 3 of lg. Onions, sliced or diced (white or yellow).
  2. {Make ready 4 T. of Olive oil.
  3. {Take 1/2 c. of Dark brown sugar.
  4. {Take 5 T. of Balsamic vinegar.
  5. {Take 1-1/2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
  6. {Take 1/4 tsp. of Salt.
  7. {Take to taste of Pepper,.

Instructions to make Nan's Onion Jam:

  1. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions in olive oil, uncovered, stirring occasionally. The more caramelized brown you get them, the better the flavor will be. This will take 45-60 minutes..
  2. I was in a hurry, so I didn't really get these onions caramelized, but it'll still be good. Stir in remaining ingredients..
  3. Continue cooking, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 35-45 minutes until the liquid reduces significantly and becomes a syrupy consistency..
  4. Cool completely and store, covered, in refrigerator..
  5. NOTE: I'm a balsamic vinegar junkie and buy the expensive premium balsamics at a specialty store. BUT, for onion jam I use regular, grocery store balsamic vinegar. I've also made this substituting red wine vinegar, and it's also very good..

So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food nan's onion jam recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: